Nike and the Colorado Rockies have released the club's City Connect uniforms.
The Rockies will first wear them on June 4 and then every Sunday home game for the rest of the season.
According to a press release from the Rockies, "the Nike MLB City Connect series celebrates the bond between team and its city. The uniform explores the personality, values and customs that make each community and their residents unique."
COLORADO ROCKIES HONOR THE BEAUTY AND SPIRIT OF THE CENTENNIAL STATE WITH NEW NIKE CITY CONNECT UNIFORMS
Jerseys make their on-field debut on Saturday, June 4
DENVER – The Colorado Rockies unveiled the club’s Nike MLB City Connect Series uniform on Friday. The Rockies City Connect uniform is designed in collaboration with Nike to capture and celebrate the unique personality and values of the state of Colorado.
The Rockies City Connect jersey features a design that celebrates not only Colorado’s natural beauty and grandeur, but the spirit of adventure and determination that drives Colorado residents to conquer any challenge in front of them.
- Jersey Design: The base design of the jersey, pants and socks reflects the familiar Colorado backdrop seen on the Colorado license plate, with snow-capped mountains and a nod to evergreen trees.
- Jersey Number and Name Font: The font on the jerseys reflects the font used on the iconic Colorado license plates.
- Right Sleeve: The ‘5280’ patch on the jersey’s right sleeve salutes Denver’s Mile-High nickname; the two black diamonds point to the fearless spirit that embody all who reside here and emulate Colorado’s dynamic ski culture. The coordinates of Coors Field are also emblazoned on the yellow sticker.
- Purple Trim: The sleeves and the numbers on the back of the jersey are adorned with purple trim, representing the row of purple seats at Coors Field that designate one mile above sea level.
- Jock Tag: Inspired by the iconic sign welcoming visitors to the Centennial State, a “Welcome to Colorful Colorado” patch lives at the bottom of the jersey above the jock tag.
- Hat Logo: The circle Colorado patch found on the hat highlights the purple mountains and clear blue skies, surrounded by circles of red to represent the color of the state’s soil, and the gold to symbolize Colorado’s abundant sunshine.
Launched in 2021, the Nike MLB City Connect series celebrates the bond between team and its city. The uniform explores the personality, values and customs that make each community and their residents unique. The Rockies are the fourth team in 2022 to unveil a City Connect jersey, the 11th overall.
“While the uniform series is called City Connect, it was important they represent fans across the state,” said Rockies Owner, Chairman and CEO Dick Monfort. “As a Colorado native, I am proud that these uniforms embody the character of Colorado and the unique sense of pride we have in our home-state. I am beyond excited to see them come to life on the field on June 4 at Coors Field.”
Fans can purchase the Rockies City Connect jersey, as well as hats, hoodies and tees for men and women, exclusively in-store at the Colorado Rockies Dugout Stores and Rally Store at McGregor Square through the on-field debut on June 4. The Rockies City Connect collection will also be available online at MLBShop.com and Nike.com.
The Rockies will wear the new City Connect uniforms for the first time on Saturday, June 4 when the team takes on the Atlanta Braves, and then again on every Sunday home game through the remainder of the 2022 season.
To celebrate the on-field debut of the jersey, Fanatics will hold a City Connect pop-up event and Rockies watch party on Saturday, June 4 from 12 p.m. - 10 p.m. at the Blue Moon Brewery in RiNo (River North Art District located in Denver). The event is open to the public and will feature a Nike/Fanatics merchandise tent, speed pitch, live DJ and broadcast of the Rockies vs. Braves game throughout the Brewery.
All photos courtesy Colorado Rockies.