Sub-zero temperatures in the last couple of days has caused a lot of problems. Here are some tips to minimize potential risks for your home:
- Keep home heated to min. 65 degrees.
- Open hot and cold faucets to let them drip slowly.
- Check electric heaters, fireplaces and wood stoves are working properly.
- Ask a neighbor to check the regularly when you are away.
- Keep entrances to home and sidewalks free from snow and ice.
- Keep garage doors closed.
- Froze pipes - thaw immediately or call a plumber.
And more on tips to prevent your pipes from freezing: